22 April, 2004

MOVIE REVIEW

Just returned from seeing The Punisher. Funny thing is I originally saw the poster at the theatre last year and was very "No, I don't think so" about it.... till I actually saw a preview. Glad I changed my mind about it - I really liked it. But I hafta say there were a couple scenes I just couldn't watch... not that they were gory (thank goddess there was none of that mess here), just very emotionally upsetting.

I definitely liked Thomas Jane in the title role. He carried it off rather well. He's part of seeing the preview that made me wanna watch the flick in the 1st place. See, I became quite enamoured of him in The Sweetest Thing & was happy to find another excuse to look at him. I was a little let down seeing the shirtless scenes (of which there are many) coz I don't like so much grass on my playground, if u get me.... but he was still built pretty well... and I much appreciated the gratuitous hip bone shots....

I was kinda surprised that Howard Saint (bad guy played by John Travolta) was portrayed so weakly. I just didn't find him intimidating at all. I've seen enough Travolta flicks to know he coulda done way better than what they had for him in this one!

No comments: