29 December, 2005

Impending House ... and house re-decorating

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! More House!!! There were commercials playing all last night during my Law & Order marathon!! House is coming to USA!! January 6th!!! I was just doing a little happy dance because I only came into House at the end of last season & maybe now I can catch it from the beginning…. WOOHOO!!!

This new jobs gonna kill me yet… We only worked one day this week!! One Day!!! So I don’t go back to work till the 3rd, which would be nice if I was getting paid for any of this.. The only good point will be that my “New Year’s Resolution” is to get this apt. straightened up a little and get the living room and office rearranged and ORGANIZED and Brian’s gonna help, whether he likes it or not…. LOL If only I can get him to stop inviting people over to hang out or running off to fix someone’s compy…… >_<

I realize it’s part Yule, but this is still amusing: Christmas in Middle Earth

As for Christmukkah, it wasn’t all that bad… Went to my parents on Christmas Eve (morning) and had breakfast… way too much breakfast… fried potatoes, sausage (links & patties), scrambly eggs, biscuits & gravy….. Everybody was just miserably full….. Sammi got off work around 12, so we opened all the presents & such a little after she got there.. She gave me some Ah My Goddess DVDs, which was cool because my anime collection is seriously weak. My parents gave us an ice scraper for the truck (that makes 3), some Tupperware-style storage containers, which we definitely needed & a crock pot (because anyone who knows me knows how much I love cooking O.o). But overall, it was a nice holiday. at about 3 mom comes out with the snack cracker & cheese trays & we all snacked on those (even tho no one was actually hungry… what is it about snack trays?!?!). About 6 mom starts in with the ham & rolls & all that & we ate some more (even tho I was still full from breakfast!)

Throughout the day my sister gave glorious examples of the “evil mommy” syndrome she is plagued with… I get that there are rules & boundaries and all that for kids to follow, but I was of the understanding that these rules did not apply to Christmas & other holidays…. But not Samm. She was still just as evil as always…. THWACK!

I can’t even describe the hideous gifts we were given by other loved ones who shall remain nameless & the glaring revelation from these gifts that these people (after all these years) still have no clue what kind of person I am or what I really like.. at least there were no cross necklaces this year. >_<

Anyway, hope everyone had a happy holiday in their own way, with their own meaning.

No comments: