03 December, 2005

Movie Review: Goblet of Fire (so SPOILERS!)


First of all, it was fantastic. Yes, there were things done technically wrong, but in a simpler way for the movie that were not really integral to the story. No, we didn't get to hear Dobby talking about Harry's "Weasy". Yes, Cedric was so coming onto Harry in basically every scene they shared.

In all honesty, when I read Cedric's death in the book I was kind of "Oh, well, that sucked, but he was a pompous self important ass in the book anyway." In the movie he was all fluffy, nice, fair, friendly, etc, etc. and I was crying before it even happened because I knew it was about to. And I couldn't help thinking if only he'd just taken the cup when Cedric offered it to him.. or not saved him from the bush- then they'd have gotten him out just like Fleur & then everyone would be ok.

WTF was with Filch's hopping into the Great Hall?!?! Harry was just a bit of hotness in the prefect's bath, but damn where is my Myrtle-repellent?! Yikes!! Now, I didn't dislike Krum in the book, but movie Krum is kinda like an buffed-up fanboy. How cute was he? And I seriously think Ron was way digging Krum more than Fleur.... The dragon was amazing and beautiful- an absolutely fantastic scene... The mermaids were really cool.. It was just fantastic!!

Turning Draco into a ferret had me just rolling in the floor that was so funny!! And the Yule Ball- Ron's robes were even more dreadfull than they looked in the pics I've seen- Poor Ron! Harry was just smashing- too bad he was bored stupid. Hermione just looked fabulous! Absolutely. And Neville was too cute- dancing around the boy's room... adorable. Posted by Picasa

No comments: