14 April, 2003

I compose my poetry.
I speak my mind,
but only to myself.
I write you letters
I can never send.
I dream of you...
lying next to me...
I wake up
I roll over
to see your face-
watch you sleeping.
I am lost
for days
in those eyes
(The colour of chocolate
swirling
in my head).
I recall your face-
your grin
(your evil grin)-
to caress your cheeks,
the way
I cannot
in rality.
I think of you-
every minute,
every day...
In every song
on the radio....
In every movie
every romance...
every love affair.
But I cannot
feel like this.
I move too fast-
feel too much.
my emotions,
bursting forth...
my hopeless,
helpless
heart
goes
leaping,
bounding,
bouncing
forth
into the unknown-
unfettered,
unafraid,
while my head
(logical,
angry,
embittered,
and holding
its lonely little grudge)
screams
and wails:
"wait!
you fool!
stop!
you idiot!
Don't you know
what
will happen?
You will cry.
You will yearn.
You will break
again...
again...
again..."
"Ah, but love
is bliss!"
I call over
my shoulder,
as I race on ahead.

Tabitha )O(

No comments: