14 April, 2003

Why do I care?
What does it matter?
You are you
I am I
In the scheme
Of things
In the
Span
Of your lifetime
You
Won’t
Remember me
You only love me
When I make
You
Laugh
I’m only worth it
When
I’m funny
Silly
Amusing
Who was hurt
Who missed who
Who stopped
Talking
Whise hear
Was stepped on
Left in the cold
Abandoned
Retreated
Into myself
Hoping
Praying
Begging
For sanctuary
Comfort
Finding none
Outside
Inside
Do you really
Know me?
Or do you
Know
Who you think
I am
Do you see me
With your eyes?
With your soul?
Do we match?
Do we fit?
I am only a
Child to you
Temperamental
Tolerated
Toyed with
You are so
Much
More important
Your life
Your problems
Your issues
So much more
Meaningful
Than mine
Why?
Because you’re
Older
Smarter
More responsible
Because you have not
Made my mistakes
You remain
In your comfort
Zone
Always stuck
Picking up
The pieces
From my most
Recent fuck up
I am there
For you
I offer you
My hand
My shoulder
My soul
Offer myself up
To you
My love
My friendship
But you
You grow colder
More distant
Your grudges grow
Your bitterness
Festers
You grow old
Before your time
You treat me
As if
I simply
Bore you
You don’t even
Care
If you
Hurt me
If I bleed
If I cry
My loneliness
My depression
Run amuck
Destroying
Messing
Confounding
Why?
Why? I ask again

Tabitha )O( 1/18/2003

No comments: