30 September, 2004

the answer

// The evening is an interesting experience with a bubbly girl from Uruguay. She told me about the lion in all the templar churches. Its role is to keep a secret. And he looks to the direction of the secret it is keeping. Usually it looks to a place on the wall or in the ceiling.
In the last church I visited, the lion was looking straight at me…
Now I got the message where to start looking…

I told an old Brazilian pilgrim, that is walking the camino for the fourth time, about my question “why walk?” and he answered, “The question is not ‘why?’The question is ‘what for?’and the answer to this question you always find at the end…”

And with this happy note, I suggest you think about it…
Because it’s not only about the camino… //

taken from the Motivation2Go weblog, where Nisandeh is documenting his pilgrimage


Interesing.... people think you must have a reason to make such sacred journeys over many many miles, but even someone who is doesn't know really why he is.... The old man who's journeying for the fourth time tells him the answer is always at the end... Sometimes you must take the chance without knowing in the beginning what it will get you. It speaks to you.... something makes you take that first step... you have to be willing to walk the path before you without knowing where it will lead you...

No comments: