22 September, 2004

This has become one of my favourite songs lately:

I Meant To

by Brad Cotter


Things get in the way
The rush of everyday
Ordinary stuff we all get into
Wouldn't it be sad, if all you ever had
was a granite epitaph that said 'I meant to'


So any pretty woman I didn't take the time to kiss
Any crazy thing I didn't do, 'I meant to'

Any dirty liar I didn't stare right in the eye
and make him tell the naked truth, 'I meant to'

I'm always on the run some things get lost some get done
But if I didn't have all the fun I meant to, 'I meant to'

And if I never came out and said to each and everyone I love, how much I really do, 'I meant to'



Maybe this one chance
Is all we really have
Maybe all you got, is what you get to
Well I ain't gonna cry
I'll give it my best try
Then kiss the world goodbye and say 'I meant to'

So any pretty woman I didn't take the time to kiss
Any crazy thing I didn't do, 'I meant to'

Any dirty liar I didn't stare right in the eye
and make him tell the naked truth, 'I meant to'

I'm always on the run some things get lost some get done
But if I didn't have all the fun I meant to, 'I meant to'

And if I never came out and said to each and everyone I love, how much I really do, 'I meant to'

I meant to
I meant to


I thinks it's just beautifull. Of course, I watched Nashville Star this season, but only because Matt Lindahl caught my eye channel surfing one night. He was my guy, the one I wanted to win, but they treated him like a joke because he was a little more Roger Miller than Tim McGraw and he didn't win ;_; .... It wasn't till I heard "I meant to" on the radio that I even knew who did win (once they voted Matt off I changed the channel). I recognized the song because Brad performed it on the show. Yes, I do feel a little pang of guilt for loving the song because, technically, he's the enemy... but I think Matt would understand....

*****************

Movie Review: The VIllage

The movie (in case you live under a rock) is about a small village of people who live in a clearing surrounded by woods. Their is a fenced border around the town to remind people not to go into the woods because "those we do not speak of" live in the woods. The villagers have a truce between them & the creatures, but suddenly things start to happen....

As soon as I saw the trailer I was already there.. but I didn't get to see it in the theatre.. and then I started hearing mixed reviews. A couple friends said it was really good, others said it "made no sense" and complained that you never even see the monster and the ending's stupid. After watching the movie, here's my view:

The movie does move a little slowly, but there's enough interest and plot to keep me watching. It renewed my enamourment of Joaquin Phoenix (WHY ISN'T HE IN MORE MOVIES??!?!?). His character is very smart & quiet, gentle. But he is also brave in a "for the good of the village" sort of way rather than the beyond human heroes we've been inundated with as of late. Don't get me wrong, I love heroes, but it's nice to have a healthy reminder once in a while that there are also courageous people who do the unbelievable simply because it's what is the right thing to do.... I thought the movie made perfect sense if you
payed attention, but the secret really will get you when you discover it... As for the "monster" you do see it & I dunno what the hell he was talking about- not that that really matters to anyone with intelligence... And the ending is not stupid, it leaves you thinking. I, personally like movies like that, but it's a bit much for some people to have to think.. I guess.. It's not the kind of movie you'd really watch more than once, but I'd definitely recommend seeing it. Definitely.

****************

An update on projects in the works:

I've decided to launch my own business. I will, of course, remain "on staff" at Instant Infamy, but I have other projects I want to work on & other wonderfull things I want to share with the world, so I'm going to start working on some new things, mostly based on my happy & beloved "Shwoopie People". The first project is a wall calendar, which I will be starting soon. Later will come t-shirt designs, notebooks, maybe a day-planner style calendar.... I've got a lot brewing upstairs now that I have a starting point! Stay tuned for more updates...

1 comment:

just another soul heading west said...

one of my new favorite songs as well...and i too liked Mr. Phoenix's performance and character...and you're right he was the best kind of hero because he wasn't perfect and he continued to stand by his convictions even so...it is interesting as a metaphor as one who often got caught up longing for the good old days in their own life..the movies end and the decision made frightened me... that people would so steadfastly refuse to acknowledge growth or change..it is an interesting idea creating utopia based on their values but it went too far when they took it upon themselves to create a fear-based enviroment as the way to keep the utopia alive, that they didn't learn this lesson in the end gave me the chills...also feeling the ignorance of the people around us as we watched as they griped about not seeing the monsters...I've nearly given up going to most movies as it seems the movie ging public have generally become...shall we say...several crayons short of a box and have obviously never learned the art of thinking..but I digress
what I really want to say is may 2005 be the year of the Shwoopie People!!!! love live the Shwoopies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!